This post has been held hostage in my camera for months now. The pictures were taken when we first got here, but I was too lazy to upload them to the computer. I finally did it....
Moving here has reminded me a lot of when I left home for the first time to attend WSU. I only took my clothes, I had to "create" a new home and I left my family and friends behind. The biggest difference was in toe, I had a husband and two children with me.
 |
| The Freshman Class at the King's Palace |
I arrived to Thailand the same week as 17 other teachers. Some of them are single, here by themselves, some of them are teaching couples, with and without children, and some are like me, a teacher with dependents. Wade was given the name of traveling spouse. Just like going away to college, we all left the comforts of where we came from before to start a new beginning...the Freshman Class.
The people that I arrived with have turned into my community/family (along with other elementary teachers and our neighbors). Being far away, they are now the ones we will celebrate with and cry with when needed. We depend on each other and if I ever need help, I know there is someone (or more) there for me.
Wade, the kids and I are more busier here then we were at home. There is something to do almost every night. Living so close to the school and amongst friends we comment how it is like living back in the Greek system. It has become a balancing game of not overdoing it. Due to this time is FLYING by.
Making the decision to move abroad was not easy. There were many tears,
but overall it has been worth it...the freshman class has confirmed
that we made the right choice.
 |
| Me and the traveling spouse. |
 |
| The school took us out to a dinner show. This guy was one of the stars. |
 |
| Thai guard at the palace |
 |
| The King's Palace. |
No comments:
Post a Comment