We were lucky to have my cousin Kaitlin in town at the same time we were. It had been a couple years since we last saw her. It was so much fun to have her hang with us and a great reason to play tourist ourselves. I hope it becomes an annual summer tradition.
The kids have a book in Singapore about a dog that gets lost in Seattle:
Larry gets lost in Seattle. The story is set throughout Seattle and the kids have memorized a lot of the places. We decided it was time to see some in person and set out on an adventure.
We didn't find every scene and we added some new ones, but it was great fun. Katie R was our guide and made the most of the four hours we had. We also snuck in Red Mill Burgers for lunch.
It was a good day!
 |
| At the Ballard Locks |
 |
| Pike Place Market |
 |
| Gum wall. Katie bought the kids a pack of gum. Man did they have fun chewing and placing. YUCK! |
 |
| Pure Northwest. My favorite food. Earlier that week my dad and Uncle Paul went to the market and got us crab for dinner. Probably the best Dungeness I have ever had. |
 |
| Kaitlin loved seeing the first Starbucks. However, the line was way too long to go inside and order. I am still on lookout for the Seattle Starbucks mug. |
 |
| Fremont Troll. I have never seen this before and it was pretty cool. It was probably Amelia and Liam's favorite stop. I also didn't mind the side trip to Fremont Brewery for an IPA. |
No comments:
Post a Comment