Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Ubud

My mom came during our fall break.   I wasn't going to waste all the time in Singapore, so I booked us a trip to Bali.  I have been to other part of Indonesia, but never the island of Bali.    We decided on seeing Ubud and the beach while we were there.

I didn't know what to expect of Ubud.  I was happily surprised and could have spent all our time there.   I completely fell in love with the highly recommended guesthouse we booked.  It was a perfect location and setting.  It is also connected with the cooking school featured in the book Eat, Pray, Love.  We ate breakfast and dinner there.  Amazing!

During our time in Ubud we did a lot of shopping and walking.  The poor kids were troopers with the miles logged.   We also made a trip to Monkey Forest.  Most people know I am not a fan of monkeys.  They are not nice animals.  I was worried about going, but somehow convinced myself.   It turned out alright, but we were all on edge.  Especially watching stupid people tease them and letting them on them!  We just shuffled fast through the paths and made it out unharmed.

One our way to the beach we had our drive take us through the Bali rice terraces.  It was worth it.  They are beautiful!   It was a dry to a lack of rain, but they were still very green.  I wish we would have taken the time to walk around them and not just a drive-by
The door to our room.  The room was the bottom floor of one of the houses.  It had a front sitting porch with eating area that over looked a garden.  It was also right next to the pool. 
Guesthouse pool. 
This one is a baby.  The big ones are the worse. 
Monkey Temple.
My little monkeys
Rice terraces. 
You can go down into them and walk around, 

No comments: