Monday, November 23, 2009

30 year stats!

If I write these down for Amelia's milestones, I guess I should have the same expectation for me:

Statistics

Height: Depends on what shoes I am wearing
Weight: A work in progress
Head:
Not sure, but most hats fit it


Development

-Family:
Over these past 30 years I have been blessed with the most wonderful family. I not only have awesome parents, a sister I totally look up to, a bother who makes me laugh and couldn't be sweeter, I also have in-laws who spoil me rotten and have been huge helping hands. I have a husband who understands me and still hangs around as well as being blessed with a daughter who I love so much I could BURST!
-Friends: I have the BEST friends a girl could ever ask for. With all the changes that can occur in 30 years these relationships have remained strong and some got stronger. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them!
-Professional:
I would have never imagined that my 30 years would have brought me to where I am professionally. I always knew I would be a teacher, but I am enjoying being a special education teacher to children with moderate-severe disabilities. I have a job where I feel I can use my skills and education, but also touch children and their families. What other middle school teacher can honestly say their student are happy to see them EVERY day; I can!


I am going to take this milestone as a celebration and not dwell on my age. Of course in 30 years I do have some regrets, but I am proud of who I have become, what I have accomplished and where I am.

To celebrate my birthday I had a great time in Bellingham (I am very excited to celebrate again down south this coming weekend). Being blessed with great friends was proven when a bunch of us got together to watch the movie "New Moon" and then sing some karaoke. Thank you Aimee and Stacey for putting this together and making a girl feel special. Saturday I celebrated with Wade, Amelia, Ruth and Daryl. Ruth and Daryl gave me a flip camera, so get ready for video posting. I have attached an example:

4 comments:

Team Gibson said...

I love your stats, but more than that I LOVE the video. I don't know who was cuter to watch you or Mimi! She is so stinkin cute - she really has some sweet moves :)

The Price Family said...

This post totally cracked me up! You are too funny, and that video, wow, you need to get that on utube. Have a good Thanksgivig and a fun Apple Cup party, good HUSKIES, ha :)

Rosellini said...

LOl! This kills me Karli! So funny! Happy 30!!! Sorry I will miss the party saturday...but happy b-day!!!

Lindsay said...

Loved this!