Saturday, December 20, 2008

To name or not to name...

Before Wade and I were even married, we came up with the deal that if we ever had boys he got to name them and if we ever had girls I got to name them. With time clicking down fast I am really starting to feel the pressure of the name game! While Wade already has his boy name ready (he has actually had it for a couple years now) and it has meaning to him, I am clueless for a girl name. I have had about three I have been juggling with, but after internet research and reading articles my list is now at nine names.

This week parenting magazine came out with the top 50 names of 2008. While I don't want a common name, there are some there that I was reminded that I liked. I especially like the trend of boy names being used for girl names. At this point that is one thing I am leaning towards. Wade likes it too.

I am not sure if this name game puzzle is because we don't know the gender of Baby K. Sometimes I wish I did so I would have to commit. Lately, I have been feeling the jealousy of people who just know. My sister being one of them. Shelby is a family name and Macie just came to her during an ultrasound. Why can't that happen with Baby K. So...as of now I am asking for suggestions and help. We have debated about putting the naming rights on EBay or starting a friend/family pole. We aren't there yet, but you never know...

The nine I have so far (in ABC order, not preference). Please only vote once.

What girl name do you like??

Amelia
Emerson
Kendall
Logan
Maddyn
Reese
Ryan
Rylan
Teagan

(View Results)

Create a MySpace Poll

4 comments:

Team Gibson said...

I cast my vote for Amelia. I have loved it since day 1 :) Also, I thought Teagan was out due to Wade's view that she would be a butch Lesbian (personally I like this name and don't agree);)

Remember whatever name you pic will be perfectly fitting in the end!

Bada said...

Mitch here.
After reading the first few... why not Shaniquewa?
It's masculine yet has feminen qualities we can all embrace.
keep up the great work,
mitch

rebeccajlooney said...

Go Amelia Go! 66% right now... You need to go with the winner. :)

Anonymous said...

As someone who was born on February 8th... I would throw my support for any name that begins with the letter K, for example Kennedy.