Thursday, August 30, 2012

Perspective

When we get back to the states this summer, my children, mainly Amelia, are going to have a very different perspective then other children. It has been funny hearing Amelia talk about her new reality. Here are a couple examples...

- She understands that English is a language and Thai is another language. One morning this week, she wanted to know if I knew Thai and why we speak English. I told her it was because it is the language that is spoken where we were born and lived. She understood.

- Picking Amelia up from school one day, her teacher told me how Amelia had told the whole class that her mommy looks different. I later asked her how I was different. She said it was because I have blue eyes.

- My kids have been taught not to touch any animals that are not house pets. Ask Amelia why and she would say they are dirty and give you worms. She did say her dog Tracker was alright to pet. You also run away from snakes, dinosaurs (monitor giant lizards) and you kill ants.

- Speaking of ants...you only eat at the dining table. If you eat anywhere else, ants will come and try to steal the crumbs.

- Whenever you go into a new room you have to close the door behind you. If you don't, air will escape (cold, air conditioned air).

- Amelia thinks....when you do number two in the toilet, you do not wipe.  Instead, you wash yourself clean with the little hose/spray next to the toilet. 

.....I am sure there will be more to come.

1 comment:

Team Gibson said...

They will learn so much. Especially Liam as Thailand will be his "normal." What about your perspective. I wonder how that will change??